Today we will be introducing great health benefits of rice powder. However, We will be dealing on the miraculous beauty uses of rice powder, its natural anti aging , oil absorbing and a lot more
Whats rice powder?
According to Wikipedia, Rice powder or rice flour is a form of flour made from finely milled rice. It is different from rice starch, which is usually produced by steeping rice in lye.
How to make rice powder
- Firstly wash rice twice and soak it for a minimum of one hour.
(soak it longer to ease grinding and give you softer flour)
- after one drain the water from rice completely and spread out rice as a thin layer on a cotton cloth or a newspaper (anything that can absorb the water from the)
dry 2o-30 mins in the shade it should be a bit moist
- Grind the rice while its a bit moist for 3-4 mins till you get a super fine rice powder
- Sieve the rice powder and sift it to get super fine rice flour f you find small balls formed due to the moisture content in the rice, crush and sieve it.
- You can preserve it by dry roasting the sieved the flour until you see steam coming out of the flour and store it in a airtight container
Great benefits of rice flour
It’s obvious that Korean beauty is making us rethink what we know about skincare. Rice, a staple in every Asian household, holds multiple beauty benefits, and Korean women have been using it to their ageless advantage for centuries. And we can’t blame them.
This humble grain is known to:
• Sooth sensitive skin-related concerns
• Helps treat acne and pimples
• Brightens skin tone and reduces dark spots and pigmentation
• Significantly improves complexion
• Is an anti-ageing solution
• Protects against sun damage
• And is overall great for your health and well-being
The high content of vitamins B, C and E, and some water-soluble minerals like inositol and ferulic acid present in rice, greatly contribute to skin repair, making this a rather inexpensive beauty treatment!
Rice flour as anti aging-face treatment:
- 1 Cup of rice
Soak the rice powder in water for 15-30 mins, Simply strain the paste and save the water in a large glass container.
Store the water in a warm place for a few days, to help it ferment. You’ll know it’s good to use when you get a sour smell from the water.
Simply dip a cotton ball in this water and apply to your face, along with a nourishing repair cream of your choice.
Make sure to do this every night before going to bed. Simply wash your face with cool water and a face wash in the morning.
Rice flour as blemish-free treatment:
tsp of olive oil
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• 3 drops of any essential oil
• 2 tbsp rice powder
Mix all ingredient together. Apply the mixture to cleansed skin and leave it for about 15 to 20 minutes. Rise with tepid water and repeat the treatment at least once a week for skin as soft as a baby’s bottom!
sun damage treatment:
• 2 tbsp rice flour
• 4 tbsp coconut milk
Mix the rice flour and coconut milk to get a smooth paste. Apply the mixture on the affected area and leave it for about 30 minutes. Simply rise off with tepid water and pat dry. You will notice a visible brightness almost immediately!